You don’t need to travel farther than your local grocery store to experience the exotic taste of this fuzzy fruit. Besides its tart-sweet taste and brilliant green color, the real uniqueness of kiwi lies in its versatility. The CPR staff loves adding kiwi to yogurt and salsa, but we find its amazing health benefits irresistible!
Here are some of our favorite health benefits of kiwis:
1. Kiwis contain more vitamin C than oranges, and more potassium than bananas!
2. At only 42 calories, kiwis help you stay on track with your weight loss goals.
3. Kiwi seeds are full of fiber, and the fruit itself acts as a natural laxative.
4. Actinidain, the protein-dissolving enzyme in kiwis, promotes healthy digestion.
5. Stressed at work? The high level of serotonin in kiwis is shown to help reduce stress.
6. Kiwis contain the amino acid arginine, which is used to treat impotence in men.
7. Protect your eyes against macular degeneration by adding nutrient-rich kiwis to your diet.
8. Eating kiwis helps prevent respiratory symptoms associated with asthma.
9. A few kiwis a day is shown to help keep the blood clots away!