A cocktail a day keeps the doctor away? Not quite – while cosmopolitans and daiquiris may be delicious, the added health benefits from cranberry juice are fruitless when combined with a generous amount of sugar. Luckily, there are plenty of other ways to enjoy cranberries and all of their surprising benefits!
Here are some health benefits of cranberries:
1. Cranberries help eliminate the bacteria that causes peptic stomach ulcers.
2. Drinking cranberry juice daily helps heal and prevent urinary tract infections in women.
3. Cranberries are shown to help protect against both kidney and bladder problems.
4. Room-temperature cranberry juice is a great natural remedy for colds and sore throats.
5. Cranberries help lower cholesterol and prevent plaque from forming on the arterial walls, thus reducing your chances of having a stroke.
6. Eating cranberries improves symptoms of cataracts, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy.
7. Add cranberries to your diet to help reduce cavities and plaque build-up.
8. Drinking cranberry juice (without sugar!) burns fat and helps you lose more weight.
9. Eating cranberries is shown to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
10. Apply a cranberry mask to skin to help treat acne, dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema.