Do you often find yourself throwing out unused bananas because no one ate them? The CPR staff wants you to know that bananas have many practical uses other than being baked into bread. For starters, they are rich in magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, fiber, and vitamins A, B, and E!
Here are some of our favorite health benefits of bananas:
1. The potassium in bananas is shown to help treat warts and heal cuts, scrapes, and bruises.
2. Press a banana peel onto your splinter and the fruit’s natural enzymes will help remove it.
3. Suffering from menstrual cramps or nausea? Eat a banana to help reduce symptoms.
4. Mash up a ripe banana and apply it to your face and neck for a moisturizing mask that will leave your skin looking and feeling softer. Add sugar to create a gently exfoliating body scrub that both nourishes and tightens skin.
5. It wouldn’t be summer without mosquitoes! Rub a banana peel on your insect bite to help alleviate the itch.
6. Purée a ripe banana and massage it into your hair and scalp to help treat damaged hair.
7. Rub a banana peel on your teeth before brushing to whiten your smile.